It's winter time so it's a great time for stews and soups. And a great accompaniment is cornbread. This one is more like corn cake, it is quite sweet. I always get a ton of compliments when I serve it or bring it to people as part of a meal.
> Cousin's corn bread (from the Essential Mormon Cookbook)
>
> 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
> 1 cup sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1 cup yellow cornmeal
> 1 1/2 cups flour
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 1/2 tsp. salt
> 1 1/2 cups milk
>
> Cream butter, sugar and eggs. In a separate bowl blend cornmeal, flour,
> baking powder and salt. Combine creamed mixture, dry mixture and milk.
> Blend. Bake in greased 8 x 8 pan at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes.
>
I love cornbread. Looking forward to trying this!
ReplyDelete