This is a recipe I just tried from our new ward cookbook. It is something they often serve at our Christmas Ward Dinners. It is a different alternative to just plain ham. And it's been fun to use the leftovers in different things like soup and sandwiches.
Honey Mustard Ham
Buy a Cook's brand bone-in ham. Cover the ham with water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer overnight. The next morning, dump off the water and when it's cooled down (I didn't wait very long), take out the bones and fat and shred.
Make a paste out of brown sugar and mustard. Use about 3/4 bag of sugar and a jar of mustard for one ham. The color should be a little more brown than yellow. Adjust to your liking. Make sure you have enough sauce. You don't want it too dry. Mix in with the ham and bake in the oven for 2-3 hours at 300 (I covered it with foil and I would only go 2 hours-the top got a little crunchy for my liking).
I made garlic mashed potatoes and beans with almonds with this which made for a tasty meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment